Re: Memory leaks again

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Memory leaks again
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:56:12 +0100

Le vendredi 02 mars 2007 à 18:32 -0800, Graham Percival a écrit :
> I know that Han-Wen fixed a huge number of memory leaks sometime around
> version 2.11.12; I think a few have crept back in.  I was just compiling
> the docs, and lilypond's memory footprint went above 300 megs (I stopped
> it then and restarted it).  I have no definite numbers, but I'm pretty
> certain that lilypond didn't use that much memory when I was compiling
> the docs a few weeks ago (with 2.11.18).

I confirm that devel branch lily memory usage increased a bit recently
on my x86 Fedora Core box, but there are certainly not as many or huge
leaks as there used to be.  I trust the hackers to fix them before
2.12 :-)

Anyway, it seems logical to a simple user like me that as LilyPond
automates more the engraving process, it uses more memory and CPU time.

Greetings
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>