Re: sponsorship option gone?

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: Re: sponsorship option gone?
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 23:24:42 +0200

2007/4/1, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:
2007/4/1, Arvid Grøtting <address@hidden>:
> > Look at how rests are offset rest.cc, y_offset_callback. You have to
> > override/revert these settings.
>
> Or, actually, call that method again after setting direction to 0.

no, better not. Callbacks aren´t expected to work properly if you call
them twice. You have to look at the input value for the callback, and
change those.

Sure.  I probably won't be motivated to fix that until it breaks, though.

> > > - this callback doesn't seem to be called by multi-measure rests.  Any
> > > ideas on how to merge those?
> >
> > unset staff-position for mm rest.
>
> Yes, but is there a similar callback/hook where I can check for
> redundant multi-measure rests?

no, not that I know. MM rests just have a hard coded vertical position.

OK.  So, in addition to automatical merging, they could benefit from
use of a skyline algorithm to detect collisions with other voices in a
staff?

> Code for merging ordinary rests is attached.

Your code could be improved much if it destillled all the info
necessary for a single rest in  a list, and then did (equal? list1
list2)

Sure.  But right now it works, and I have music to typeset.

--

Arvid