Re: sponsorship option gone?

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: Re: sponsorship option gone?
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 23:43:47 +0200

2007/4/1, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:
2007/4/1, Arvid Grøtting <address@hidden>:
> > no, better not. Callbacks aren´t expected to work properly if you call
> > them twice. You have to look at the input value for the callback, and
> > change those.
>
> Sure.  I probably won't be motivated to fix that until it breaks, though.

whatever, but I won't integrate hacks.

I fully understand that, but now that it works for me I really need to
get some typesetting done.  If anyone wants to clean the code up to a
submittable state, they're quite welcome.  (Someone with a better
knowledge of LilyPond internals would probably be able to get it a lot
cleaner.)

I should perhaps add that I did at first try to revert what's done in
the C++ code, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work
reliably.

> > no, not that I know. MM rests just have a hard coded vertical position.
>
> OK.  So, in addition to automatical merging, they could benefit from
> use of a skyline algorithm to detect collisions with other voices in a
> staff?

I'm not sure. Skylining isn't used for stuff inside the staff AFAIK.

No, and this is the only application for it that I can think of at the
moment.  It would be cool, though, to have MM-rests that moved out of
the way automatically.

--

Arvid