Re: Patch for yet again new noteheads (triangle-shaped)

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Patch for yet again new noteheads (triangle-shaped)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 15:01:16 -0500

On 4/3/07, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> here are patches (contain metafont source and doc additions) for the
> other kind of notehead requested by Trevor and Jamie some time
> ago. They implement two slightly differing styles, namely
> 'outward-pointing' and 'inward-pointing' triangles.  [...]

In the attached PDF I see that there is sometimes a small white gap
between a note line and the base of the triangle.  I consider this
bad.  IMHO, both the top and base of the triangle should slightly
overlap with the note lines (this is, they should extend to the
vertical center of a note line) to avoid it.

Hi Max - Can you send out the first attachment we did where the bases
of the triangles do, in fact, touch the stafflines?

Werner - We tried exactly that and the result was optically that notes
in a staffspace (and that therefore connect to an adjacent staffline)
appear a bit larger than notes on a staffline (that therefore do not
connect to an adjacent staffline). The gap was an attempt to
neutralize that optical effect, but perhaps it doesn't quite work.
What other strategies are there?

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden