Re: [patch] top level page breaking directives

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: [patch] top level page breaking directives
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 22:03:07 +0200

Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden> writes:

>>>  - \pageTurn and \noPageTurn seem to be as effective at top-level as
>>>  they are inside a score.
>>
>> Does this mean they work?
>
> Sort of. A small test with \pageTurn did what was expected (music on an
> even page, then an empty odd page, then the following music on the next
> even page). But I did not manage to make "\pageBreak \noPageTurn" to
> work (whatever the context, toplevel or inside music).

It seems I did not tried enough. The following is working:

  #(set-default-paper-size "a6")
  \paper{ #(define page-breaking ly:page-turn-breaking) }
  \repeat unfold 2 { c'1 \break }
  \allowPageTurn
  \repeat unfold 2 { c'1 \break }
  \pageBreak
  \noPageTurn
  \repeat unfold 3 { c'1 \break }

==>
  _1__   _2__   _3__
 |====| |====| |====|
 |    | |    | |====|
 |====| |====| |====|

However, when removing the \allowPageTurn, the page break occurs between
page-1 and page-2, ie at a page turn, although it is forbidden:

nicolas