Re: revised T42 support

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: revised T42 support
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:23:35 +0200

When I tried to compile the latest GIT version today, I got some compilation
errors in lily/ttf.cc. It turns out that you use features such as FT_Sfnt_Table_Info, which according to http://www.xaraxtreme.org/maillists/archive/dev/dev_042006/msg00278.html wasn't introduced until freetype version 2.1.10, whereas our INSTALL file and
configure script only checks for freetype2.

Is it really necessary to use these recent features? In that case, the INSTALL
file and configure script should be updated. We already have too many
dependencies to recent versions of external programs, so it it's possible to implement the same functionality with the features of earlier freetype2 versions,
it would be preferable.

  /Mats

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
The attached file, ttf.cc, contains completely revised support for
conversion of TTFs to T42 fonts.

Here an updated version which handles the case where a single glyph
has more than 64k data.

    Werner

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing