Problems with compiling the documentation

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Problems with compiling the documentation
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 13:14:52 +0300

Hello everybody,

I just tried to compile the documentation from git master branch. First it gave an error about a missing epsf.tex file that collated-files.tely in input/manual/out-www needed. I found that my version of texlive had only installed xepsf.tex. So I linked it to the name epsf.tex and everything was fine. Would it be possible to let search for both versions of the file? It seems xepsf.tex if compatible.

Then compilation stopped at buildscripts/post-www.py whith following message:

/usr/bin/python ./buildscripts/www_post.py LilyPond 2.11.29 ./buildscripts ./out-www "offline"
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./buildscripts/www_post.py", line 14, in <module>
package_name, package_version, buildscript_dir, localedir, outdir, targets = sys.argv[1:]
ValueError: need more than 5 values to unpack

I saw the change making the amount of values six was introduced in February, and I have successfully compiled with that, so is it about my python? I have 2.5 installed (with Ubuntu 7.04) but also 2.4 available. Should it explicitly call 2.4 and that would make the mistake disappear? Or what can be the problem?

Greetings
Till