Re: Update to LSR example

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Update to LSR example
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:05:22 +0200

Hello Mats,

2007/8/16, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:

> I'd like to replace the existing LSR example entitled "Feathered beams"
> with the following more extensive example.

Thank you very much Mats; I've modified the existing snippet:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=239

> I clearly remember that Graham has mentioned the recommended procedures
> for updating existing examples, but I cannot find that email for the
> moment, so
> I post it here hoping that Graham or Cameron or whoever has the access
> rights
> to do the change.

"Whoever" meaning myself, I guess :)

In such a case, what I recommend is to post your snippet as a whole
new snippet, and specify "Feathered beams [corrected]" or whatever in
the Subject field. Since new snippets are automatically marked as
non-approved, it's easy then for me to track it, modify or rename it,
delete the deprecated snippet if necessary, and eventually approve the
new corrected snippet.

By the way, feel free to Cc me whatever LSR-related discussion or mail
you find (I'm tuned on -user, -devel and bug-, but I do miss things).

Best Regards,
Valentin