Updating the website besides the Documentation?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Updating the website besides the Documentation?
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:29:39 +0200

Hello everybody,

a few days ago, I posted a link to
http://lilypond.org/web/about/automated-engraving/benchmarking.html
which made me realize that the static pages visitors are most likely
to visit when then don't know LilyPond, are realized with very old
versions of Lily: 1.4, 1.8 -- the most recent being 2.1 in
http://lilypond.org/web/about/automated-engraving/schubert

LilyPond has evolved a lot, and maybe the output is better now? Should
we consider updating the benchmarks page, or creating a new one (with
comparisons to recent Sibelius or Finale versions, for instance)? Or
maybe we could (if a few guys have some time to do it) eventually
create a few more pages, including the "features page" which was
planned on http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/feature-page

Is this a good idea or a waste of time? -- could be both :)

Regards,
Valentin