Re: GDP: fifth arrangement

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: GDP: fifth arrangement
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:08:05 +0200

Am Freitag, 14. September 2007 schrieb Trevor Bača:
> How about this slight reshuffling for the second "box"?
>
>          o 1.8 Chord names
>          o 1.9 Piano music
>          o 1.10 Percussion
>          o 1.11 Guitar
>          o 1.12 Other instrument-specific notation
>          o 1.14 Ancient notation
>          o 1.15 Vocal music

Why is Vocal music after Ancient notation and other instrument-specific
notation? I would use the following order:

          o 1.8 Piano music
          o 1.9 Chord names
          o 1.10 Vocal music
          o 1.11 Guitar
          o 1.12 Percussion
          o 1.13 Other instrument-specific notation
          o 1.14 Ancient notation

The idea: Piano music is the traditional notation, chor-names are a
simplification for simple accompanyment.
Choirs and also modern pieces need lyrics together, so that's the
next-important piece. Guitar and percussion are not so common any more, and
after that follows the rest.