Re: Accidental-restructuring (major)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Accidental-restructuring (major)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:07:48 -0300

2007/9/17, Rune Zedeler <address@hidden>:

> where make-default-accidental-rule makes a four argument scheme-function
> - taking a localKeySignature, a pitch, a bar_number and a
> measure_position - and returning what check_pitch_against_signature
> currently returns.
>
> I think I should be able to do these changes as soon as I get the green
> light.

Since you wrote the previous incarnation of the code, I'm pretty much
ok with what you think is best, as long as the canonical way of
setting accidentals remains functional.

I have another request though. If you are going to rewrite the thing,
can you think of a representation which is less fragile than the
arcane nesting of lists? Perhaps you can capture some part of the
rules in either smobs or Scheme records.