Re: Accidental-restructuring (major)

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Accidental-restructuring (major)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:56:56 +0200

Mats Bengtsson skrev:
I hope you have checked the mailing list archives for related feature requests,
there have been a few such requests over the last years.

Yep, I checked, but I did not find anything - except for valentins request for recognizing sequences of notes at the same pitch. I really think that my new approach - using scheme functions - will make it flexible enough to allow for "anything". I still have fixed the way that different algorithms are tried, and the one giving the most accidentals win. I think this is acceptible because if you really really need something else you can just write one sophisticated function that handles all cases and then use just that.

But if you can find requests for other features I would like to see them.

PS: Notice that I am only talking about features regardning automatically deciding when to typeset accidentals. Features regardning manual tweaks of accidentals and new accidental-types (editorial accidentals, etc) are not related to this.

-Rune