Re: Program usage

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Program usage
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:56:20 +0300

John Mandereau wrote:
I seems that running.itely has not been revised for ages, so it contains
somewhat outdated info.  If you feel comfortable with updating this
section in the English docs, please do it first, then go on translating
this file; otherwise, it may be more productive to give up translating
running.itely and lilypond-book.itely.  Because of the big changes and
improvements that are going to be brought by the GDP, you can start
working on User manual appendices (as Francisco did), because these will
probably not be deeply revised soon.
Yep, I saw this in webgit and thought: that's an option, too... :-) This seems to be much more of use to everybody. And so they might make it into 2.12 On the other hand, I think lilypond-book is really great (and while I haven't had much use of it yet (I wrote my thesis without a single notation example...), it is one of the things that let me initially use the program. So I would kind of personally see it's documentation also being up to date. But I just don't have enough knowledge to write clever sentences about it.

Well, ahead with the appendices!

Greetings
Till