Re: Program usage

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Program usage
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 21:51:24 +0200

Le mardi 18 septembre 2007 à 22:06 +0300, Till Rettig a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> while translating the running.itely I stumbled on the section 3.2.1 --
> invoking lilypond. Why are there .tex files and why should files with
> different \scores get output to numbered files? I have not yet heard
> about this, couldn't we tell it in a way, that I know what to translate?
> To me it seems there should be at least somthing like: depending on the
> option you choose... And the most normal is still pdf, I would guess, or
> then ps as the first step. But is there really a .tex file in between?

I seems that running.itely has not been revised for ages, so it contains
somewhat outdated info.  If you feel comfortable with updating this
section in the English docs, please do it first, then go on translating
this file; otherwise, it may be more productive to give up translating
running.itely and lilypond-book.itely.  Because of the big changes and
improvements that are going to be brought by the GDP, you can start
working on User manual appendices (as Francisco did), because these will
probably not be deeply revised soon.

Cheers,
John