Re: Git help

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Git help
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 23:17:51 +0800

2007/9/21, Johannes Schindelin <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Rune Zedeler wrote:
>
> > It seems that the problem is that I changed MY_PATCH_LEVEL to rz1.
> > Problem is, that master just updated PATCH_LEVEL from 32 to 33, and because
> > MY_PATCH_LEVEL and PATCH_LEVEL are defined right next to each other, the
> > automerge fails.
> >
> > I resolved the conflict manually.
> > Try again, Valentin.

OK, thanks to both of you.

I did it the hard way: I deleted the VERSION file, then I did a git
reset --hard and pulled it again, then it worked.

I didn't checkout -b another local branch, as all I wanted to do was
get Rune's source code to give it a try. But I know this is
quick-and-dirty :)

Thanks
Valentin