Re: Microtone accidentals

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: Microtone accidentals
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:43:30 +0200

Trevor Bača wrote:

These are outstanding!

I don't have access to a true high-resolution printer, but the output
on my end is perfectly legible and I'd very much like to have access
to these new glyphs for use in my own scores.

Thanks for your kind feedback. Much appreciated. :)

Also, I have a question: have you given any thought to adding these
same arrows to the quartertone accidentals as well?

Indeed I have. But I figured it might be good to ask for some feedback first. :) It shouldn't be a big problem to get these working once the design is settled and approved, since they all have similar shapes and the arrow design is largely parametrized. Only the "mirroredflat.flat" symbol might cause a bit more work since the bottom is wider than that of the other symbols so that some curves may need to be adapted in order to integrate smoothly with the arrowshaft. But that can be tackled when the time comes. First, it would be nice to know if there is any interest in having these included and if anything needs to be improved.

Max