Re: GPD: official shortest note in lilypond

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: GPD: official shortest note in lilypond
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 15:05:25 -0200

2007/10/19, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> Hey, I'm not going to argue that we _should_ support 128.  If somebody
> official (ie Han-Wen, Jan, or Joe) says "we only guarantee up to 64",
> then we'll happily update the docs to only discuss such durations.  If
> users discover an undocumented feature of 128 or 256 notes which may or
> may not work in all cases, that's up to them.

AFAIK there is no limitation to the number of flags you can have on
beamed notes, try

  { c'2048[ d'] }

For unbeamed notes, we have to draw the line somewhere, and it's at
64th right now. If someone can show a reasonable use for 128th we
*might* consider it, but my initial reaction is that you should
reconsider your use of notation