Re: is a separate gdp branch useful?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: is a separate gdp branch useful?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:27:30 -0800

We're pushing all our changes. The more I think about it, the less I like the notion of a separate branch:
- John needs to merge all the updates
- people like Mats or Rune don't track GDP, and are sensibly concerned about updating the docs in main if those changes might be overwritten / conflict with coming updates in GDP. - people like me avoid changing things in main (even non-doc stuff, like the THANKS) because I'm currently on GDP and don't feel comfortable switching back and forth.

It made sense in the beginning, but now that we've moved to GDP before 2.12, I think we should just move to main.

John, could you do this merge and branch delete at your convenience?

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
It is up to you. For large changes, it is convenient to have a
separate branch, but it's also a good idea to have a topic branch, and
prepare the changes there. Then, it is easier to make sure that only
good changes get pushed into master.