Re: more web failure with external_binary

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: more web failure with external_binary
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:54:18 +0100

Le mardi 19 février 2008 à 16:52 -0800, Graham Percival a écrit :
> John, could you please test web with EXTERNAL_BINARY?
>
> >From a clean checkout of the source code and using 2.11.40 (ie using
> the current lilypond-book), I get this:

> /Users/gperciva/usr/src/lilypond/Documentation/user/out-www//templates.texi:1374:
> warning: @image file `lilypond/lily-0ea1bb3b07.txt' (for text)
> unreadable: No such file or
> directory.
> /Users/gperciva/usr/src/lilypond/Documentation/user/out-www//templates.texi:1443:
> warning: @image file `lilypond/lily-91e6f832fb.txt' (for text)
> unreadable: No such file or
> directory.
> /Users/gperciva/usr/src/lilypond/Documentation/user/out-www//templates.texi:1474:
> warning: @image file `lilypond/lily-d4c6a815b0.txt' (for text)
> unreadable: No such file or directory. export LILYPOND_DATADIR= export
> PYTHONPATH=/Users/gperciva/usr/src/lilypond/python/out:/Users/gperciva/usr/src/lilypond/python/out:
> true make --no-builtin-rules out=www WWW-post true
> tsubasa:~/usr/src/lilypond/Documentation/user gperciva$

Is this the whole end of the log?  This looks very strange.

> and out-www/  only contains .html files for the -big-page.

out-www/offline-root? or Documentation/user/out-www?

> I'm guessing
> that the learning manual fails to create info images, and that stops
> the build halfway through.

Missing images for Info are only warnings, they shouldn't stop the
build.  I thought I had fixed those warnings for lily-*.txt and these
warnings only remained for *flat*.txt with make (not make web).  Are you
sure you use the latest makefiles?

I'd like you give more info before looking at building with
EXTERNAL_BINARY (I've never done it).  Fore example, have you tried a
clean build?

I'm sorry to have made a bit of mess in the docs makefiles, but they
really needed a serious cleanup so that they are more maintainable.  I'm
not sure I've finished with this: it seems you have some trouble when
building docs, and there are also problems of always outdated files
which keep rebuild every time.  I'll look at this asap.

Cheers,
John