Re: more web failure with external_binary

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: more web failure with external_binary
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 00:26:54 -0800

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:54:18 +0100
John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le mardi 19 f__vrier 2008 __ 16:52 -0800, Graham Percival a __crit :
> > John, could you please test web with EXTERNAL_BINARY?
> >
> > >From a clean checkout of the source code and using 2.11.40 (ie
> > >using
> > the current lilypond-book), I get this:
> >
> Is this the whole end of the log?  This looks very strange.

It's the end.  I'm sending you a complete log privately.

> > and out-www/  only contains .html files for the -big-page.
>
> out-www/offline-root? or Documentation/user/out-www?

cd Documentation/user/
make ... web
ls out-www/*.html
% show only the -big-page.html files; no index.html or smaller html
files.

> > I'm guessing
> > that the learning manual fails to create info images, and that stops
> > the build halfway through.
>
> Missing images for Info are only warnings, they shouldn't stop the
> build.  I thought I had fixed those warnings for lily-*.txt and these
> warnings only remained for *flat*.txt with make (not make web).  Are
> you sure you use the latest makefiles?

Latest git.

> I'd like you give more info before looking at building with
> EXTERNAL_BINARY (I've never done it).  Fore example, have you tried a
> clean build?

>From the top source dir, I did
  rm -rf *
  git reset --hard
  ./autogen.sh
  cp GNUmakefile.in GNUmakefile
  make -C python
  cd Documentation/user/
  make ... web

I don't know how to get it any cleaner than that.