Re: Geting the list of MIDI instrument names

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Geting the list of MIDI instrument names
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:05:44 -0800

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 00:33:38 +0100
Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> wrote:

> BTW, I also created a similar scheme function displaying all x11
> colors (including a filled box of that color), but didn't submit it
> to the LSR, because it takes a while to format and creates 21 pages
> of output (mainly due to the 100 different shades of gray, duplicated
> with the "grey" spelling).

Isn't there an option in LSR for long examples?  I forget what it
does, but you may want to investigate this.

I certainly wouldn't mind using a snippet like this for the relevant
appendix section... although I agree that shades of gray aren't
interesting.  Could you tweak the snippet to exclude all grays?