Re: stop breaking the docs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: stop breaking the docs
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:29:33 -0800

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:30:59 -0300
"Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/2/25, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> >  I have a bunch of GDP helpers submissions which I cannot
> >  commit because I can't test them.  Since I cannot commit them,
> >  I can't build them on the server, and those helpers can't
> >  see the output, and they can't fix any further errors.
>
> I'm not sure this is productive way to go about this.  Why don't you
> work in a branch which just contains text fixes? Then you can base
> your work on the latest working release, and when the time is ripe, we
> can pull your changes into a hopefully working working master branch.

We used to have a lilypond/gdp branch, but that was awkward for
some reason (I can't remember the specifics right now, though).
But that wouldn't help in this case, where Documentation/user/*
was modified in a way which doesn't work with GUB.  I've simply
reverted that commit, and am now working on the docs again.

Keeping everything on the main branch also simplifies things
for the doc helpers; most of us know nothing about git and
have no desire to mess around with branches.