LilyPond on Leopard (was: Re: Please rebuild with newer version of MacOS

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: LilyPond on Leopard (was: Re: Please rebuild with newer version of MacOS X developer tools)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:58:30 -0300

[+ lily-devel ]

2008/2/26, Matthias Neeracher <address@hidden>:

> I was able to get ahold of him today, and the news is not good. He
>  says he hasn't maintained the package in quite some time. It might be
>  time to consider a different build strategy.

Dang - this is annoying, because MacOS will require a completely
different build chain.  Doesn't anyone cross-compile to macos?

>  I'd be happy to volunteer some of my resources for this, if it's of
>  any use. I could either build the packages for you, or, if necessary,
>  I might be able to figure out how to create an account for you (I have
>  a pretty-much-always-on Mac, but I have no current experience with
>  guest accounts, so the ncessary sandboxing might take some time).

I remember reading about a script to automate packaging up a Fink
package plus its dependencies.  I think this would be the easiest
road, since getting our GUB framework up and running on darwin will be
hell.  I'll see if I can find this again.