Re: LilyPond on Leopard (was: Re: Please rebuild with newer version of M

From: Matthias Neeracher
Subject: Re: LilyPond on Leopard (was: Re: Please rebuild with newer version of MacOS X developer tools)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:13:00 +0100

On Feb 26, 2008, at 8:58 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
2008/2/26, Matthias Neeracher <address@hidden>:

I was able to get ahold of him today, and the news is not good. He
says he hasn't maintained the package in quite some time. It might be
time to consider a different build strategy.

Dang - this is annoying, because MacOS will require a completely
different build chain.  Doesn't anyone cross-compile to macos?

Apparently not...

I'd be happy to volunteer some of my resources for this, if it's of
any use. I could either build the packages for you, or, if necessary,
I might be able to figure out how to create an account for you (I have
a pretty-much-always-on Mac, but I have no current experience with
guest accounts, so the ncessary sandboxing might take some time).

I remember reading about a script to automate packaging up a Fink
package plus its dependencies.  I think this would be the easiest
road, since getting our GUB framework up and running on darwin will be
hell.  I'll see if I can find this again.

Unfortunately, the fink package builds the command line tool, not the application around it.

Does the lilypond web site have a description of your release build process?

Matthias