Re: page breaks related to header size

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: page breaks related to header size
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:54:23 +0200

Hi, Joe

On 25/02/2008, Joe Neeman wrote:

> Sorry, I missed this email. Is this still an issue? If so, could you
>  send the example that fails in an email? I tried 2 examples given by
>  Paul in this thread and they both took up 2 pages with latest git. But
>  maybe I didn't find the right example...

I tested them again on 2.11.39 and they looked much better than if
compiled with .32 or .37, which created a three page file with Paul's
more recent test file. Things fit much better than with the previous
versions.

Thanks. :-)

Sometimes the LP still seems a bit pessimistic about fitting the
systems on a desired number of pages. Setting between-system-padding
to zero and adjusting the between-system-space instead usually works.

I still don't like the practice that the header field is considered as
a system, though. :-( I'd like to set the spacing between the header
and the first system separately.

-Risto