Re: convert-ly toplevel_version

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: convert-ly toplevel_version
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:52:49 -0800

True, although if we add a generic "update to @TOPLEVEL_VERSION",
that wouldn't necessarily need to be displayed in -e.

I like Wilbert's second suggestion, though: add a --force which
always changes the \version to the latest one.

This arises for the docs because now we have a combiation
of @version (which is always the latest) and \version (which
is the last convert-ly value).  If the two are obviously
different, it would be fine, but if they're only a few version
numbers apart, people might wonder if it's a mistake.
(particularly in the "modifying the templates" section of the LM, where
we have beginners and a combination of @version and \verison on the
same page)

John, do you want to tackle this?  You seem to be the python guy.