Re: French translation of the off-line manual

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: French translation of the off-line manual
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:55:12 +0200

2008/4/11 Poulpette <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,

Hi Poulpette :-)

>  My "name" is Poulpette, and I've been using Lilypond for a while. The
> freeware is not always easy to use, but once we know the main commands, it's
> really powerful.

Thank you, on behalf of the LilyPond team. Be very careful with the
terms you use: LilyPond is technically a _freeware_ but a Free
Software: it is both "gratuit" and "libre", which are two very
different notions.

>  So, maybe I could try to translate it... but I don't know if someone is
> working on it or what.

There's actually a somewhat large French Lilypond community, with a
dedicated mailing list in French: see
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user-fr

And perhaps you would be interested in reading an interview with John
Mandereau, who founded this mailing list and initiated the translation
of the docs:
http://valentin.villenave.info/spip.php?article61

Cheers,
Valentin