French translation of the off-line manual

From: Steph
Subject: French translation of the off-line manual
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:26:24 +0200

Hi all,

My « name » is Poulpette, and I've been using Lilypond for a while. The freeware is not always easy to use, but when you know the main commands, it's really powerful. Well, I was thinking that maybe I could help a little bit, especially in translation EN -> FR (sorry, I guess I don't write English very well, but I have no special problem in understanding it).

I apologize if I make a mistake using the mailing-list, but I'm not used to this. Also, I checked the archives out and found nothing about a recent full translation of the off-line manual (neither an old one).
I'm interested in translating it, but I don't know if I can.

Do you mind if I try ?