Re: Build failure with Scheme (again)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Build failure with Scheme (again)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:09:33 -0700

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:11:27 +0200
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/4/26 Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden>:
>
> >  While I'm at it, I was proposing to implement the category thing.
>
> You're welcome; the question was also whether to give the category as
> an optional argument to define-builtin-markup-command or to force
> developers to specify a category (as a mandatory arg).

Force it.

> The current list of possible categories is:
>
> - basic (aka "basic formatting" or "common formatting commands")
> - align (aka "aligining text")
> - graphic (aka "grphical notation inside markup", e.g. \postscript
> \triangle and the like)
> - music ("music notation inside markup" e.g. \score, \musicglyph etc)
> - toplevel (here we'd better put all commands that don't work inside a
> \score block, e.g. \fill-line, \wordwrap, \justify-string etc.)

we need:
- other

Even laying aside the question of "toplevel", this list still
strikes me as not optimal, although I don't have any other
concrete proposals at the moment.

However, that doesn't affect Nicholas; adding the basic
infrastructure for these categories doesn't depend on the specific
categories used.  Valentin and Neil can -- and probably will --
tweak these later on anyway.