Re: Renaming \setTextCresc, \setHairpinCresc, etc.

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Renaming \setTextCresc, \setHairpinCresc, etc.
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 13:33:03 -0700

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:42 AM, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

>  I prefer on/off.  However, I'm not certain whether we want to go
>  with
>   \textCrescOn
>  or
>   \hairpinCrescOn
>  (with Off being the opposite, of course)
>
>  We could even go with pairs of:
>   \crescText
>   \crescHairpin
>
>  ... actually, I think the last idea is by far the best.  Any
>  objections?
>
>  Cheers,
>  - Graham

I still think we should scrap the Hairpin commands.  But maybe we
should wait to see if bug #143 is fixed before we make a final
decision on this issue.

In the meantime, the current behavior of \setTextCresc and the others
-- that they are only applied once -- should be documented.  Would
this be more appropriate in the main body of NR 1.3.1.2 or in
@knownissues?

Thanks,
Patrick