Point and Click

From: Craig Bakalian
Subject: Point and Click
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 15:56:49 -0400

Hi,

I am new to lilypond. I am a mac OSX programmer. I have programmed using objective c for about 7 years. I have made my own lily application, with lilypond inside its resource folder, being used as a tool. I am also a composer. I write a lot. I have made a NSTextView that receives midi events and writes things like <c' e' g'>4 along with other macros, and a NSSearchField, and line number (very important). The thing that has me puzzled is the Point and Click. How does it work. Is lilypond writing textedit://filename char line blah. Is it using another executable like lilypond-invoke- editor. I want to know how to get my pdf viewer to open my text editor instead of the lilypond application that I download from your very generous web site. Is there any documentation about point and click besides what the pages that are currently available that seem to be centered around unix and linux?

Craig Bakalian
560 Keswick Drive
Yardley, PA 19067
215-428-0856