file locations or links in snippets

From: Graham Percival
Subject: file locations or links in snippets
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:21:41 -0700

input/new/makam.ly  now contains:
+microtonal alterations.  Consult the initialization file
address@hidden (in @code{/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly})
+for details of pitch names and alterations.

This is true for some linux installations (although not mine; I
keep all non-debian-packaged software in my user account), but
certainly not true of OSX or windows installations.  The LM has
information about how to find these files.

This raises again the question of allowing links from snippet
descriptions.  I still don't think it's worth adding the
infrastructure for this -- bear in mind that such a feature would
need to work from input/lsr/ (easy) and LSR itself (hard).  I
think there's much more important things to work on for LSR, such
as removing the "directories", getting search-by-tag, and eventually
upgrading to 2.11.

If a technical person wants to say "oh, it's trivial!  Here's a
patch to the LSR source code that does it, blah blah blah" then
I won't object.  :)

A few snippet simply include text like "Consult the initialization
file @code{makam-init.ly) (see the `Learning Manual X.Y.Z
Initialization Files' for the location of this file) for details
of pitch names and alterantions)".  I'd recommend doing that here
as well.