Re: file locations or links in snippets

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: file locations or links in snippets
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 14:35:49 -0700

On Sun, 11 May 2008 15:37:07 +0200
John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le samedi 10 mai 2008 __ 01:51 -0700, Graham Percival a __crit :
> > Note the leading / .  On my system, for example, the location is
> > /home/gperciva/usr/lilypond/share/lilypond/current/ly
>
> 'lilypond' between 'usr' and 'share' looks very strange to me.

installdir = ~/usr/lilypond/
Hey, it's my system; I can be as strange as I want.  :)

but you're right that the actual dir is probably
/home/gperciva/usr/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/

(it's on my other laptop, so I can't check right now)

> > whereas a normal as-root installation of GUB on linux would
> > probably be something like
> > /usr/local/lilypond/share/lilypond/current/ly
>
> AFAIK the path with a GUB installation (whatever GNU/Linux or Windows)
> should be INSTALLATION_DIR/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly
>
> whereas the path with a non-GUB installation on a Unix-like system
> should be PREFIX/share/lilypond/x.y.z/ly

You also had a good point about package managers.

Trevor, I modified LM 4.6.3 Other...   a bit, but it's now a mess.
I didn't think that you'd introduced "GUB", so I called them
"Download from lilypond.org".  It's really looking like this stuff
should go in AU, but that destroys the "read from start to finish,
everything included" nature of the LM.  :(

Any brilliant suggestions?  I'm stuck.  :|