Re: file locations or links in snippets

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: file locations or links in snippets
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 14:54:42 -0700

On Sat, 10 May 2008 09:16:43 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> John Mandereau wrote Saturday, May 10, 2008 8:50 AM
> > You're right, so we could easily mention the case of
> > share/lilypond/x.y.z in 'Initialization Files'.
> >
> Section 4.6.3 in the LM called "Other sources of information" already
> contains pointers to these files for Linux, MacOS X and Windows, but
> it doesn't mention non-GUB installations.  Should I add this info to
> that section?  If so, what exactly does the x.y.z mean?

Nah.  People who don't use GUB are asking for trouble, so let's
let them get their trouble.  :)
Besides, it's still the same directory.

On a slightly more serious note, I'm now wondering if the precise
directories should be in the AU, rather than the LM.  If a
programmer changes it, if he looks anywhere in the docs to update
them, it would probably be in the AU.

However, LM 4.6.3 flows nicely as it is.  And the directory
shouldn't change all that often; if it does, we just get one or
two newbies posting confused emails to -user until we notice that
it's changed and update the docs accordingly.

If you want to move it to the LM, Trevor, go ahead; otherwise
we'll leave it as is.

And nobody say anything about LM 1.6.