Re: (patch proposition) note-by-number augmentation dot position

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: (patch proposition) note-by-number augmentation dot position
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 14:45:07 +1000

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Risto Vääräniemi <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Joe,

2008/5/17 Joe Neeman :

> Sorry for the long delay. I certainly agree that the new behaviour looks
> better. I'm a bit concerned, though, that you only use special cases for 8th
> and 16th notes. Why not something like (< dir (+ 1 (* 0.15 (- log 2))))?

Thanks for the tip. However, I tested your code and it seems that it
moves the dot depending on the duration, i.e. for 64th notes the stem
needs to be very long before the dot is moved.

I tried to create the special case for 16th notes only. 8th notes and
notes from 32th forward (until 64th note) would use a common placement
rule. This is because the 16th note flags hang "lower" than the
others. Hopefully the attached image clarifies what I mean.

That does clarify it, thanks. I'll get this committed sometime soon.

Joe