Re: fix to support breves and longas in musicxml2ly

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: fix to support breves and longas in musicxml2ly
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 19:04:11 +0200

2008/5/20 David Fletcher <address@hidden>:

> "If you want to contribute fixes of any kind, use the following procedure
> Check out the latest sources via GIT at git.sv.gnu.org
>    git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git"
> I don't use Unix/Linux and the only git I know is me (an old one - a systems
> programmer since 1964).  I have never written any Python before but the above
> fix seems to work, at least for breves.

Actually, you're not the only one who isn't running Linux. MSysGit
could help you:
http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/

One of our documentation editors has even confessed he was using Windows Vista:
http://valentin.villenave.info/The-LilyPond-Report-8#outil_sommaire_5

As for the bugfix, I already Ccd it to Reinhold Kainhofer, who has
been working a lot on musicxml2ly lately. I suggest we keep the
discussion either on this mailing list or on the other -- not both :-)

Cheers,
Valentin