Git in Windows (was Re: fix to support breves and longas in musicxml2ly)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Git in Windows (was Re: fix to support breves and longas in musicxml2ly)
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 22:37:03 +0100

Valentin Villenave wrote
Actually, you're not the only one who isn't running Linux. MSysGit
could help you:
http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/

You probably don't need msysGit - this is the full Git development package for Windows including the source code and the full development environment. If you only want to -use- Git you should download just the Git package for Windows, previously called WinGit. I use it; it works perfectly under XP and Vista.

One of our documentation editors has even confessed he was using Windows Vista:
http://valentin.villenave.info/The-LilyPond-Report-8#outil_sommaire_5

That would be me, although 'confess' is hardly the word. That implies I was under some duress to admit it - I wasn't. Windows, whether XP, NT or Vista, isn't perfect, but for me it is the best system to satisfy my current needs. I know, because I've tried most of the others (except, and this I must confess, a Mac system; maybe one day ... :)

Valentin
Trevor