Re: More broken links hunting in translations

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: More broken links hunting in translations
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 19:47:50 +0200

Le 11.08.2008 18:56, John Mandereau disait :
Hi,

In the hunting for dead links in our docs, where Reinhold is already
well involved :-), we should update docs sections to match those in
the English doco, because the current internationalization system
relies on the fact that node names are the same in all languages,
otherwise we end up with a truckload of broken links.  It would be
better to have a less fragile infrastructure, but this requires a true
i18n support in texi2html/makeinfo, which will likely not come before
a year.

Till, Francisco, Jean-Charles, would you be willing to get involved
(again) in this job for 2.12 release?  I just did a part of it, but I
must also spend time on proofreading docs and fixing docs makefiles
before 2.12.

Now that my Hispanic week belongs to the past, and vacation almost over, I firstly would like to get rid of fundamental.itely, doc/fr.po and some other proofreading before the end of *this* month. Nevertheless, it is OK with me.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles