Re: finished second draft?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: finished second draft?
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:39:27 -0700

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 08:03:15 -0600
"Carl D. Sorensen" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 8/15/08 3:25 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > In the LM, definitely.  In the NR, these warnings might be more
> > prominent, and/or Carl's suggestion about delaying << {} \\ {}>>
> > until later in the chapter might be good -- especially in NR 3.
>
> My model for the Learning Manual is that it answers the question "How
> do I do something?"   The Notation Reference tells me "How do I solve
> problems with something in the LM?", or "How do I extend what I
> learned in the LM?".

My model was slightly different -- the LM gives people the
background needed to understand the NR; the NR provides the
definitive answer for normal program usage.

(The IR provides the *definitive* definitive answer for tweaks,
since it's autogenerated.)

That said, other people seem to like your take on LM vs. NR, and
my vision doesn't need to be set in stone nor taken as the final
word.