Re: gub3 binaries, please test

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: gub3 binaries, please test
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:42:35 +0100

Op dinsdag 11-11-2008 om 17:44 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef John
Mandereau:

Hi John,

> I've never been able to complete a bootstrap stage in GUB, but I've
> immediately started to try GUB3.  You have certainly done a great work
> by including much more building dependencies than previous GUB, which
> should help to achieve reproducible builds.

I hope so.

> It doesn't for me out of the box, though: if I don't set the environment
> variable PYTHONPATH=., 'bin/gub --help' or 'make lilypond' crash, e.g.

Thanks for the report.  This is fixed in HEAD.

> I'm also having warnings like
>
> checksum failed: tools::curl
>
> for all packages, not only curl.

Yes, that's an unfortunate wording.  It means here: must rebuild
[because either the package does not exist, or if it exists but the
checksum does not much].  I'll rethink this.

> And the build attempt has just ended on a crash when building Git, which
> I'll investigate later (I tried redownloading Git tarball without
> success):

Typo, fixed in HEAD.

> Seems to work for me on linux-64 when calling programs with --help --
> I'm doing a "make web" with this binary to check it.

Great.  Thanks!
Jan.