Re: Docs should include --define options; ly:set-option explanation

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Docs should include --define options; ly:set-option explanation
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:29:22 +0100

On 12.11.2008 (05:14), Graham Percival wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:12:11PM -0800, Mark Polesky wrote:
> > Currently, "a few interesting options" are listed
> > with a mention of -dhelp to show the rest. Why not
> > list them all?
>
> Because they change relatively often and are advanced options
> anyway.  People who should be using -dsomething can run -dhelp to
> find them.

Couldn't the output of -dhelp be included there? I understand the concern
with frequent changes, but an automatic output should avoid any such
concerns, and serve the advanced user (who may of course run the command
himself, but having it in the docs (a) makes it searchable, and (b) makes
the docs more complete).

Eyolf

--
Whoever tells a lie cannot be pure in heart -- and only the pure in heart
can make a good soup.