Docs should include --define options; ly:set-option explanation

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Docs should include --define options; ly:set-option explanation
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:12:11 -0800 (PST)

Dvlprs,

All --define options should be listed in AU 3.2.2.

Currently, "a few interesting options" are listed
with a mention of -dhelp to show the rest. Why not
list them all?

If anyone is worried about cluttering up the page,
the options could be listed on a different page,
accessible by a link from the AU page, much like
"Align" and "Graphic" are linked from the NR
"Formatting Text" page.

Also ly:set-option usage should be explained,
preferably on the same page, even though it's not
a command-line option, because it's so related. Or
maybe a short new section called something like
"Setting command-line options in lilypond files"
or "Setting command-line options without the
command-line" or something like that.

I also happen to know that the command-line
options are tucked away in scm/lily.scm -- it
might be nice to mention that somewhere, too.

I began thinking of this reading the NEWS section,
seeing that midi-extension is mentioned there but
its usage isn't explained anywhere in the docs.

What do you guys think?

- Mark