Re: Fwd: Untranslated section titles containing texinfo commands

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Fwd: Untranslated section titles containing texinfo commands
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 21:06:33 +0100

Hi Francisco,
On 2008/11/18 12:16 +0100, Francisco Vila wrote:
> Any ideas about this? I don't know how to track the problem by myself.

> Hello,
> I have just noticed that PU 4 Integrating text and music is not
> translated into Spanish or German. Maybe a bad @section name?
> Also, Invoking @command{midi2ly} and other @sections that contain
> @commands or @codes appear as untranslated.
[snip]
> So I cannot delimitate well the scope of names that fail.

I can't either and I don't want to; all this regexp/gettext trickery is
broken by design: it's very fragile because it relies on assumptions
about makeinfo/texi2html HTML output and the form of the node names and
section titles.  It's almost fixed in Git, see the commit message for
details.

BTW chords.itely and vocal.itely translations do not have the same
snippet count as the original files in English, although you have marked
them as up to date.

I also get several warnings from texi2html, please investigate and fix:

LANG= texi2html --I=. --I=./out-www -D bigpage --lang=es
-I /home/lilydev/git/lily/master/Documentation/user
-I /home/lilydev/git/lily/master/Documentation/user/./out-www
-I /home/lilydev/git/lily/master/out/xref-maps
--output=out-www/lilypond-big-page.html
--init-file=/home/lilydev/git/lily/master/lilypond-texi2html.init
out-www/lilypond.texi

** Node following `Song books' in menu `Chants' and in sectionning `Spoken
music' differ
** Node following `Spoken music' in menu `Ancient vocal music' and in
sectionning `Chants' differ
** Node following `Chants' in menu `Spoken music' and in sectionning `Ancient
vocal music' differ
WARNING: Node 'Ancient notation--common features' was NOT found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Working with ancient music--scenarios and solutions' was NOT
found in the map
WARNING: Node 'Setting X-offset and Y-offset directly' was NOT found in the map
*** Undefined node `Controlling visibility of objects' in @ref (in
out-www/rhythms.texi l. 1769)
** Node following `Song books' in menu `Chants' and in sectionning `Spoken
music' differ
** Node following `Spoken music' in menu `Ancient vocal music' and in
sectionning `Chants' differ
** Node following `Chants' in menu `Spoken music' and in sectionning `Ancient
vocal music' differ
*** Undefined node `Controlling visibility of objects' in @ref (in
out-www/rhythms.texi l. 1769)

Cheers,