Re: problems with ly:font-load

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: problems with ly:font-load
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:08:08 +0100 (CET)

> > Note that lilypond can't load any other font by itself; it uses
> > uses the fontconfig interface for everything else.
>
> BTW: a while ago, I asked you if there was a way to load fonts that
> are *not* installed on the system (by forcing fontconfig to detect
> fonts, say, in the same directory as the .ly sources).  Can LilyPond
> do that?

I don't think so.  Have a look into font-config.cc: There you can see
that FcConfigAppFontAddDir is called for

  lilypond_datadir + "/fonts/otf"
  lilypond_datadir + "/fonts/type1"

only (the latter should be removed eventually as soon as we no longer
need the PFB fonts).  However, it shouldn't be to hard to add
functions `ly:font-config-register-directory' and
`ly:font-config-register-file' (using FcConfigAppFontAddFile) to
lilypond.

Any takers?  I can't promise that I can provide such functions
quickly.

    Werner