Re: problems with ly:font-load

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: problems with ly:font-load
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:07:03 +0100

2008/11/27 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> However, it shouldn't be to hard to add
> functions `ly:font-config-register-directory' and
> `ly:font-config-register-file' (using FcConfigAppFontAddFile) to
> lilypond.
>
> Any takers?  I can't promise that I can provide such functions
> quickly.

That would be awesome; of course I can launch FontConfig through a
makefile but makefiles don't work under (a standard installation of)
Windows. So, this way I could ship my opera with some nice fonts
included in the sources, and these fonts would be automagically used
whenever compiling the score, on whichever OS :-)

If you think it's manageable, feel free to open an issue in the
tracker (I won't do so myself, since my point of view is not objective
on this topic)...

Cheers,
Valentin