holdups for 2.12

From: Graham Percival
Subject: holdups for 2.12
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:39:24 -0800

We now have experienced lilypond contributors thinking about
adding a "read the 2.11 docs" to the main web page.  That's
totally the wrong solution, especially since 2.12 is so (?) close.

What are the remaining issues before we release 2.12.0?

- nothing in the docs.  I don't care if NR 1 isn't finished yet, I
  don't care if the translations aren't finished -- we've had
  over a year to get this stuff together.  If it isn't finished
  now, then live with it.  There's always 2.12.1 et al.

- Vista speed issues: I think this stuff is resolved, although I
  really haven't been paying attention.

- OSX 10.5 issues: I think the command-line version is fine, but
  we still don't have a working gui.  But there's one or two
  people who have created workaround with actionscript?

- ly/ rearrangement, new things in property-init.ly: I think it's
  been about four months since the "this is really the last call
  for this kind stuff", so there shouldn't be anything left.

If I'm correct about the above, then let's shove 2.12 out the
door, get the post-GDP docs as the new "stable" stuff, and fix
remaining things in .1 or .2.  (I definitely think the 2.13 docs
should be backported for the first few months at least)