GWP / GOP / GOO (was: Proposal for "Getting Help" page for LilyPond web

From: Graham Percival
Subject: GWP / GOP / GOO (was: Proposal for "Getting Help" page for LilyPond web site)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 06:02:14 -0800

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 10:58:01AM -0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:57 AM, Carl D. Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "the getting help section of the
> > page".  I haven't been able to find anything titled "getting help".
>
> Well, such a section was proposed in this thread.  I??m requesting that
> this is not just a page but fits into a  logical bigger overall
> structure of the site.

That's the whole point of the Grand Website Project, or Grand
Organization Project, or Grand Organization O-something else.  I'd
use GOP except I've gotten in trouble in the past for three-letter
words which some people interpret in a political way.

This project, to be named later, will begin on Jan 1, 2009 and
probably end Aug 2009.  Current goals:
- revamp website
- re-examine LM 1 + AU vs. the website.  For example, we have two
  essays about computer music engraving.  One will die.
- finish NR 1-4 and start/finish AU.
- have a bi-weekly newsletter (this will hopefully continue after
  Aug)
- re-examine popular tweaks and possible add them to ly/
    (we need to discuss this)
- *possibly* start training more people in how to fix bugs
- introduce radically shorter development cycles
    (we need to discuss this)

My plans aren't as concrete as I would have liked to have them
when I announce something like this, but I figured that if I
didn't say anything you'd have a long discussion and not really
get anything done.