Re: Problems building documentation

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Problems building documentation
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 07:48:17 +0100 (CET)

> > I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's wrong when I try
> > to build the docs.  I've never been able to build them
> > successfully.  The program always builds perfectly, but the
> > documentation fails.  Here's the last bit of the terminal output
> > before it aborts:
>
> Sadly, doc build errors are usually 100-200 lines before the end of
> the build log.  That makes it difficult to spot.  :(

I usually do

  make web &> make.web.log

This log file is around 18MByte if run from scratch...

> > ./0c/lily-a8f95448-systems.texi:1: epsf.tex not found, images will be
> > ignored.
> > @image ...f.tex not found, images will be ignored}
> >                                                   @global
> > @warnednoepsftrue ...
>
> That said, this looks like the main problem.  Hmm... you're on
> Debian, right?  Did you install tetex-extra (or texlive-extra, I
> guess it's called).

What about catching the log output of calling lilypond in files too
instead of sending it to stdout/stderr?  We already have so many files
that a few more files like `lily-6ca2b194.log' don't really count.  It
would make watching `make web' much more convenient probably.

    Werner