Full measure rests

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Full measure rests
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:30:10 -0700

This following discussion comes from the -user list.  Reinhold appears to
have identified a case where current LilyPond behavior doesn't match Read's
conventions.

This leads to two questions:

1) Should LilyPond be adjusted to match Read's conventions (Reinhold has
identified how it should be changed, at least to eliminate the breve
symbol)?

2) Should there be an option added to allow the user to switch between
current LilyPond behavior and the behavior recommended by Read?

I bring this up because I didn't want it to get lost on the -user list.

Thanks,

Carl