Re: Changing snippets in the documentation

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Changing snippets in the documentation
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:41:24 -0700

On 12/14/08 2:13 PM, "John Mandereau" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le dimanche 14 décembre 2008 à 21:30 +0100, Francisco Vila a écrit :
>> It would be very useful to know exactly what files have to be deleted
>> if you e.g. modify a single user/*itely file, to be sure that the
>> final output in out-www is uptodate.
>
> Nothing, all what should be rebuilt is actually rebuilt in this case.
> However, if you change only a "selected snippet" in input/lsr, the user
> manuals won't be rebuilt.  Instead of deleting files by hand, I
> recommend to touch files to force rebuilding, see Building Documentation
> in Application Usage for more details.

I'm sorry, but I didn't explain myself clearly.  It's not the selected
snippets that I've changed, but a snippet actually in the manual.  As part
of the lybook processing, it strips out the snippets, and then they're each
processed individually, at least as far as I can determine.

I changed a snipped that is in fretted-strings.itely.   When I run make web
in Documentation/user, everything works fine.  When I run make web from .,
the process stops on a snippet that has been extracted from
fretted-strings.itely and has not been changed.  I can't figure out why.

Carl Sorensen